Saturday, March 19, 2011

Join me at Goodreads!

Previously, I was using one of the Apps on Facebook called Visual Bookshelf. After a while, I got bored of it... mainly because it takes quite a while to load and the features seem limited. So I looked around for a social network website for bookworms (or nerds if you want to call it =P ) and I'm so happy to come across Goodreads!

There are many other social network sites of course (like LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.)... but I like Goodreads the best. The interface is not too boring like LibraryThing and yet you can still find all the things you want. What I had in mind was... I wanted a website that I can keep catalogue of all the books that I have read and at the same time I get to read and share reviews of books with others ... and I think Goodreads have just what I need.

I love how the books can be nicely catalogue!

This is what the homepage looks like.

The book reviews are really what interest me. With so many people using this site, you can get all sorts of views for just one book, from whichever genre. You can even find Malay, Arabic, French (etc..etc..etc..) books' reviews... It's great way to find what to read next.

There are even fun stuffs like trivia and quizzes... and you get to vote on all sorts of list (like the "Best Books of the 20th Century" and "Worst Books of All Time"... amazingly, Twilight was voted on both lists! haha).

I have also joined one of the groups called Goodreads Malaysia... and it is so great to be pleasantly suprise by the number of bookworms out there. Who says Malaysians don't read?! The community even put up a challenge of "50 Buku Setahun (2011)"... where you challenge yourself to reading 50 books!!! Erk... I don't think I can manage that... so, I've set my target at a humble 20 this year (see the widget I have on my right ----> ).

To all my friends out there, come sign up on this site. I would love to know what you've been reading and your views on them.



The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. ~Mark Twain

No comments: