I just finished this book, borrowed it from IRC the other day while studying for Ethics paper. Very interesting to read. Most of the facts are amazingly true~!!! Hahaha. We really enjoyed reading this one.
Although not all facts are relevant, here are some of the interesting excerpts from the book:
1) How a man should give a woman directions:
If he tells her to go to the road with the giant oak tree, then head to the pink building beside the National Bank opposite the lake she is likely to reach her destination. If he tells her to take the third exit at the West turnoff on Highway 23 and drive five kilometres North, she will possibly never be seen again. (hahaha...true~!!!)
2) If a man buys his partner a single rose, for example, she'll give him 1 point. If he buys her a bunch of six roses he still only gets one point. But if he bought her one rose every week for six weeks, then he'd score 6 point. Regular gifts of a single rose show she's always uppermost in his mind. (note: the more reason to call mak always~!!!)
3) When most right-handed people are recalling an event that actually happened they engage their left brain and look to their right. When they are inventing a story they engage their right brain and look to their left. In simple terms, right-handed liars look toward their left, left-handed liars look to their right. This observation is not foolproof but is a strong signal of deceit.
4) Indirect talk at home:The book is informative, yet fun to read!!!
- When a woman says: I'm not upset ---> Meaning: Of course I'm upset!
- It's your decision ---> As long as I agree
- How much do you love me? ---> I did something you won't like
- When he says: I can't find it ---> Meaning: I can't see it, it didn't fall into my hands, so it must not exist!
- We're going to be late ---> I have a legitimate reason for driving like a maniac.
- Can I help with dinner? ---> Why isn't it already on the table?
- You really look terrific in that outfit ---> Please don't try on one more outfit, I'm starving (witnessed this being used by my brothers bila letih waiting mak shopping =P)