Anyway, when school ended, i got the choice of either go to matriks, do law at UIA or chemical engineering at UTP... (no present provided klau dpt teka which one I picked =P). Not that I hate law... I'm just not convincing enough in debates (lose a lot to Jijan) and I'm not a fan of hafal2 subjects. I had no idea what chemical engineering even was at d time, Uncle Farid and Auntie Junie were kind enough to help explain and motivate me... but in the end, the duit scholar was the main reason why I chose it (haha...bkn free pun...kene bonded...tp still thankful la gak). At that time, I was still sad that the ministry of education (or whoever responsible la) didnt think I was good enough to do medic...
"...and it may be you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know." (Surah Al-Baqarah: 216)
True... there's no drama on engineering (klau medic ada grey's anatomy or house), tp those engineering shows on Discovery and National Geographic are fun gak. Hmm... the closest thing wld be Big Bang Theory la kot... sbb Howard is an engineer =P (watch this show!!!). And true... most of my relatives dun know wat exactly I'm studying... they think I mix chemicals in lab and did intern kat kilang (ala2 assembly line kat kilang kasut...huhu!). Tp so what... I love this field! =D
ooh... I found this on the Net!!! enjoy~!:
You Might Be An Engineer If...
- You have no life - and you can PROVE it mathematically.
- You enjoy pain.
- You know vector calculus but you can't remember how to do long division.
- You have memorized the program schedule for the Discovery channel and have seen most of the shows already
- You've actually used every single function on your calculator.
- It is sunny and 70 degrees outside, and you are working on a computer.
- You know the direction the water swirls when you flush
- You look forward to Christmas only to put together the kids' toys
- You think in "math".
- If the microphone or visual aids at a meeting don't work and you shove up to the front to fix it.
- You have used coat hangers and duct tape for something other than hanging coats and taping ducts
- You carry on a one-hour debate over the expected results of a test that actually takes five minutes to run
- You see a good design and still have to change it
- Your 4 basic food groups are: 1. Caffeine 2. Fat 3. Sugar 4. Chocolate
- You can't remember what's behind the door in the engineering building which says "Exit".
- You have to bring a jacket with you, in the middle of summer, because there's a wind-chill factor in the lab.
- You are completely addicted to caffeine.
- You avoid doing anything because you don't want to contribute to the eventual heat-death of the universe.
- You consider ANY non-engineering course "easy".
- When your professor asks you where your homework is, you claim to have accidentally determined its momentum so precisely, that according to Heisenberg it could be anywhere in the universe.
- The "fun" center of your brain has deteriorated from lack of use.
- You'll assume that a "horse" is a "sphere" in order to make the math easier.
- The blinking 12:00 on someone's VCR draws you in like a tractor beam to fix it.
- Your lap-top computer costs more than your car
- The salesperson at Circuit City (in this case Low Yatt) can't answer any of your questions.
- You can't help eavesdropping in computer stores... and correcting the salesperson.
- You're in line for the guillotine... it stops working properly... and you offer to fix it.
- You go on the rides at Disneyland and sit backwards to see how they do the special effects.
- You have any "Dilbert" comics displayed in your work area.
- You have a habit of destroying things in order to see how they work.
- You have never backed up your hard drive.
- Your three year old son asks why the sky is blue and you try to explain atmospheric absorption theory
- You think that when people around you yawn, it's because they didn't get enough sleep.
- You've ever tried to repair a $5.00 radio
- You've ever calculated how much you make per second.
- Your favorite James Bond character is "Q," the guy who makes the gadgets.
- You understood more than five of these jokes.
- You make a copy of this list, and post it on your door (or your home page !)