Sunday, February 1, 2009

Grateful for good health

A week before I returned to UTP, I had about a week of sleepless nights. First, it started off with a high fever, I couldn't sleep because my body temperature was hot but I felt so cold. Due to fever, I didn't have the appetite to eat... where I end up having minor gastric. Then, I couldn't sleep due to discomfort and nauseated feeling, thanks to the gastric. Few days after that, I had allergic reaction to the gastric pills that I was taking... which I end up not being able to sleep since I felt so damned itchy all over. Alhamdulillah, I'm all better now.

A few days ago Azizan insisted that I watch video clips on the war at Gaza. Gta joined me watching it as well. The image of a boy stuck in my mind... he cried saying his body is killing him. I couldn't even begin to imagine what that feels like. What I had was only minor discomfort compared to what he felt.

The use of phosphorus against civilians in Gaza was indisputably inhuman. According to Wikipedia:

White phosphorus weapon's initial explosion can produce extensive, deep second and third degree burns. One reason why this occurs is the tendency of the element to stick to the skin. Phosphorus burns carry a greater risk of mortality than other forms of burns due to the absorption of phosphorus into the body through the burned area, resulting in liver, heart and kidney damage, and in some cases multiple organ failure. These weapons are particularly dangerous to exposed people because white phosphorus continues to burn unless deprived of oxygen or until it is completely consumed.

So what that means is that the chemical continues to eat the flesh away day by day. May Allah bless the Palestinians...

No comments: